MARYS PEAK LOOKOUT
21 miles southwest of Corvallis OR
Siuslaw National Forest
Developed in 1933 with this 30x32' log cabin and 1/4 sized 2nd floor, the L-4 cab was added at the
top in the 1940's. In 1959, a 41' treated timber R-6 flat tower was constructed, but was destroyed in
the Columbus Day 1962 windstorm. In 1963, a tourist vista center with lookout quarters on the top floor
was built in 1963, and used for emergencies in the 1970's. It has since been removed. Photo courtesy the
Fire Lookout Museum.